Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Challenge so far...

Howdy, Pardners.

I've been wanting to participate in one of the big challenges on HTLAL since I started lurking there many months ago. And now I am. The Super Challenge. The challenge is to watch 100 movies and read 100 books in the next 20 months. I signed on to it for something of a half challenge. That is to say, 100 movies and at least 2 books :)

There's no way I'll have time for 100 books, so I'm scaling down my goals for that. But I'm going to read the two paperbacks I have. And I have a handful of classics from Project Gutenberg, so we'll see how far I can get into Le Comte de Monte Cristo on my Kindle.

Parce que j'aime une bonne histoire de vengeance. =)

And hopefully I'll be able to get the Harry Potter ebooks before too long from the Pottermore shop.

For movies, Netflix (and possibly Amazon Instant. Not sure what their foreign selection looks like...) will be my go-to guy. And I suppose I'll look into watching some of the movies currently on my shelf with French subtitles. And possibly dubbed in French. Which I'm hesitant to do, honestly. It seems like a really good idea, since I'm already familiar with the plot and dialogue in English... but, historically, dubbing has infuriated me. I hate... HATE... when a movie gets dubbed into English from its original tongue. But to make life easier for this challenge and in the interest of my education... I'll attempt the dubbing. Probably.

I'm not sure yet how I'll be keeping track of my progress in this challenge. But it'll be here on this blog. One way or another.

Stay beautiful, Internets.
M.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure of your level in french, but I found a heap of easy type books in french on the kindle store, with even more available for people in the USA. I've actually got quite a few of them written in my plan on my blog.
    http://regarderetlire.wordpress.com/livres/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! hopefully I'll get to read more than the two or three I've got lined up :) time is ever my enemy.

    ReplyDelete